Last updated: September 19, 2006.
The American Health Institute, Inc. knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting The American Health Institute, Inc., you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does The American Health Institute, Inc. Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does The American Health Institute, Inc. Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use The American Health Institute, Inc.?
- Examples of Information Collected
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at The American Health Institute, Inc.. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when your Web browser accesses The American Health Institute, Inc. we obtain certain non-personal information including Operating System, Internet Browser and version, IP address, and referring URL.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from The American Health Institute, Inc. if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please read the un-subscription instructions at the bottom of our newsletter e-mail.
- We do not utilize cookies on the American Health Institute, Inc. websites.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it or sharing it with others.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Personally identifiable information collected via the ahealth.com website is considered secure data, and is protected by strict authentication procedures. Only authorized The American Health Institute, Inc. employees and partners may view this secure information.
The American Health Institute, Inc. gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with The American Health Institute, Inc. for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such The American Health Institute, Inc. features as the newsletter..
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any of our automated e-mails. Your request will be processed immediately.
The American Health Institute, Inc. does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use The American Health Institute, Inc. only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit The American Health Institute, Inc., your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at The American Health Institute, Inc., please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you buy, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information during the checkout process; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at The American Health Institute, Inc. include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); and e-mail notification settings.